Category : Plumbing Problems
When to Call an Emergency Plumber
It’s the middle of the night and water is running all over the floor in the bathroom. What do you do? Call an emergency plumber in Tampa, FL. An experienced professional knows what to do during a crisis and can give you instructions right over the phone to minimize damage.
Of course, you’re panicking. You may never have experienced something like this, and you just don’t know what to do first. There are some basic steps you can take while awaiting professional help for your plumbing emergency:
- Turn off the water. First, take care of the water source causing the problem, whether a faucet, toilet, or water heater. Then, close the water shut-off valve. This stops water from flowing and worsening the situation.
- Take measure of the damage. See if you can figure out where the problem began. This information is essential when calling in help.
- Call an emergency plumber. This is someone who is used to dealing with water leaks and overflows. This professional can give you some advice right away while you are waiting for help.
- Mop up what you can. You’ve got some time until the plumber arrives, so you can throw down old towels and rags to absorb water and start mopping. This reduces water damage and keeps mold from taking hold.
- Turn on outside spigots. This gets rids of water in the pipes and prevents damage by moving water away from the house
What Constitutes a Plumbing Emergency?
Water damage, convenience, timing, and safety all contribute to a plumbing emergency. When water or sewage is overflowing, you have a serious problem, especially if this is not cleaned up as soon as possible. Water has a way of spreading quickly throughout the house and doing increased damage the longer it flows freely. Decrease the damage with quick action from an emergency plumber.
Plumbing problems wreak havoc on your schedule. You can’t shower, wash dishes, or do anything that involves water until the problem is solved. That constitutes an emergency.
Emergencies involving your plumbing can happen at any time of the day or night, but these often have a habit of occurring after hours or on weekends. When this is the case, look for a 24/7 plumber, who is available when you need help.
Then, too, problems with sewer backup poses a health hazard. You need professional assistance right away to deal with the problem so that the mess can be cleaned up.
For capable help from emergency plumbers on duty 24/7, count on The Pink Plumber of Tampa, Florida. We offer a wide range of plumbing services, which includes emergency response.